Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Rampart Range Ridding area Colorado
06-22-2013, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 10:24 AM by old man dave 59.)
Rampart Range Ridding area Colorado
Going to Colorado for a WFO Trailriders week of Rampart Range ridding. I will start some research of info for others, but this is very well known to me. I used to ride this area for years and a lot of solo riding way back then on my Suzuki DT 400, a Suzuki IT 465 and most on my IT 490.
Walker, Damon and I stopped by about 5 years ago on the way to Taylor Park and spent 1 day there.
To ride there you will need to buy a OHV sticker on line weeks before going, they do patrol this area a lot. Ranger station is at entrance. There is 4 wheeling close by and a long run called the Top of the World that is cool to, out of Rampart Range, but part of a loop starting in Rampart Range. One of the cool things to do is to do a long run and stop in at the Sprucewood Inn on the loop.

http://www.dirtridersofcolorado.com/Trai...fault.aspx

[Image: 100_0896.jpg]

[Image: 100_0925.jpg]

RIDING IS NOT A HOBBY, IT'S A LIFESTYLE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2013, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 03:18 PM by old man dave 59.)
RE: Colorado/Rampart Range Ridding area and Taylor Park
Here is some footage of the trail I found.

08-02-2013, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2013 07:47 PM by old man dave 59.)
RE: Rampart Range Ridding area Colorado
September 14th the WFO Trailriders will be heading to Rampart Range in Colorado. This is a 8 hour drive and Rampart Range is located between Castle Rock and Denver close to Woodland Park. We will leave Saturday early to get there Saturday night and get a camp site. I will check on the site info and amount of sites.
If going you need to purchase an OHV permit for $25.00 on line.

https://parksstore.state.co.us/

08-02-2013, 12:51 PM
If you got room id like to go this time
08-02-2013, 06:53 PM
(08-02-2013 12:51 PM)MIKE AKA ANIMAL Wrote:  If you got room id like to go this time

Will make room od course. Would ride DRZ and let you ride Berg also if needed.

08-02-2013, 09:02 PM
Cool been looking forward to checking that place out
08-02-2013, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 09:18 PM by old man dave 59.)
Rode there a lot by myself and with others. Used to know all trails very well. Don't want to be there on a busy day, too dangerous. I have had many close call head ons there and trails are fast on main trails. Learned to route around traffic on outer trails and all over there. Know of a creek run and then cross highway to more trails close to woodland park area. There is a rock climb, (one rock) that is 100 yards long and a step up in the middle.
When we weretherer 5 years ago we climbed the lookout trail, gnarly and found some other riders that live close by amazed at our ability to climb it after their atttempts. fore Fight Woohoo
The power line trail heading south is one to climb. (If you CAN) Boxer

08-04-2013, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 10:34 AM by old man dave 59.)
Camping on the Rampart Range comes in several forms. The developed campgrounds at Indian Creek, Flat Rocks, Devil’s Head, and Jackson Creek provide restrooms, drinking water, graded sites, as well as trash service. Besides the developed campgrounds, the Rampart provides dozens of undeveloped, dispersed campsites, too.
are accessible from the campground.

Flat Rocks campground is located on the Rampart Range road, approximately 4.6 miles south of Highway 67. Probably our most popular developed site for the motorized community, this campground provides easy access to a number of popular trails.

Devil’s Head campground is located about one-half mile east of the Rampart Range road, on the Devil’s Head trailhead road. This intersection is approximately 8.6 miles south of Highway 67 on the Rampart Range road. Devil’s Head campground offers camping at the foot of the Devil’s Head lookout trailhead.
Jackson Creek campground is located on the Jackson Creek road, 14 miles south of Highway 67. Jackson Creek road requires vehicles with higher ground clearance. For some the extra effort is worth it. The setting for this campground includes tall spruce and pines throughout the campground and a stream running along side.

There are dozens of dispersed camping sites along the Rampart. Best of all, the camping free of charge. Remember, the future of dispersed camping depends on your help in keeping the sites clean. Dumpsters and restrooms are available at a number of trailheads. On peak weekends, please help by packing your trash home.

[Image: Rampart20Range20Map_zps8ef0637c.png]

08-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Something that we need to ride in Colorado is a spark arrestor. Going to make ours out of a flour sifter screen. Has to be stainles steel and small hloe size.

08-17-2013, 03:21 PM
OK, this is the time to get together for our Colorado run and plan. I will inform everyone today that we need to talk and plan. Reservations are available at Dinner Station Camp Grounds whis is the best I know there. warLord

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  COLORADO - UTAH old man dave 59 2 28,880 07-22-2017 09:03 AM
Last Post: old man dave 59
  Colorado Taylor Park 2016 old man dave 59 11 19,665 11-19-2016 10:56 AM
  RAMPART RANGE LOST FILES 1 Old files from 3 years ago never had time to edit of some old man dave 59 1 9,734 11-13-2016 09:54 PM
  Taylor Park Colorado old man dave 59 18 97,378 10-22-2014 07:46 PM
  Riding Area.. OlSlowTom 1 6,483 05-14-2011 11:40 PM