Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Back Injury and ACUPUNCTURE
04-10-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 10:07 AM by old man dave 59.)
Back Injury and ACUPUNCTURE
Chiropractic care has always been part of my life, (MY LIFE SAVER ) and I have previously crushed a disc in my lower back and could barley walk for a month and took 1 year to recover. I have 2 Chiropractors, David Fray, (David E. Fray, DC 10803 Missouri 350, Raytown, MO(816) 356-9313 ‎) for 10 years and John Haller (Haller Chiropractic Clinic105 SW 12th St Oak Grove, MO 64075‎ (816) 625-4580 ) who was working with the Famouse Richard Yennie, which I have used and is one of the best too. http://www.healthinsightstoday.com/artic...ie_p1.html

I hurt my back Tuesday and could barley walk, took 2 vicodans and ice pack and hot tub just to make it to DR Haller's office and he could not budge my back because it was too tight, so he used acupunctureure instead. WOW, I have usacupunctureure before and it works great, but I couldn't believe how well it worked for me Tuesday and Wednesday I am able to walk ok and no pain pills.
Just wanted others to know some local Chiropractors that I feel are some of the best, because it is hard to find a good one, I know from experience.

RIDING IS NOT A HOBBY, IT'S A LIFESTYLE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 06:31 AM
RE: Back Injury and ACUPUNCTURE
Update on my back issues. I have been suffering from Sciatica nerve in my right leg with complete numbness of leg and serious pain and tightness of muscles in my ankle all the way up to my spine. I have one friend who is getting injections into the spinal cord area and I guess that helps, not my idea of fun and is very risky.
Chiropractic has been help full, but my back is fine now and seems to irritate the nerves now, but the acupuncture is helping. Due to my work demands, I have been healing slowly because of the physical demands. Went to doctor and found relief with Prednisone and pain pills, again not my first choice but is working well and now recovering well.
Going to make appointment with a yoga class Core Balance in Lee Summit today because DR. Haller suggested it and my friend Andy who is a massage therapist suggested this too. I'm going to try the Massage therapy session first and then want to do the classes to learn the stretching exercises that should solve my issues hopefully
Realized my health savings card will pay for this. I will reply as soon as I can for update, and my issue has been ongoing for over a month now and that is a long time be be in pain and with a limp, so I hope this works, I do not like steroids or pain pills but that is what is working now.

07-06-2013, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 11:08 AM by old man dave 59.)
Update
Found a massage therapist with a link to a Yoga class.
http://www.corebalanceyoga.com/#!
http://www.corebalanceyoga.com/#!vstc0=page-14

Dona Lackey is the cure for me. 1ST visit I walked out of her office with no pain, something I haven't had the pleasure of for 3 months. Now this is not a 1 time cure of course, but the Sciatica nerve was released and the muscles in my leg are now sore as heck from being bound up for so long.
Went back a second time and when I left I could barely drive I was so de-stressed, slept all evening and night and could barely wake up all the next day.
Work still is my issue with healing which can be very hard on my healing process.
Going back for more, I spend more on Chiropractic care and need to fix the problem at the core of the problem and that is muscles that cause your back to adjust out of alignment. I know this because Carol, my girl can massage my back and softly push my vertaberes back into alignment and so can Dona. Much better than forcing them into place.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

09-05-2013, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 06:53 PM by old man dave 59.)
I asked for a miracle today and got it. This is what I had sent to Mike today before I left to get fixed.
Down and out. Missed work yesterday to fix my back. went to Haller Chiro first and then DR. because I triggered my Sciatic nerve. I have been icing back since Friday all weekend and being careful, but it has gotten worse every day since. Couldn't even get out of bed today even after 5 vicadans so far. Just made it to couch with Carols help and a crutch, and going to Chiro at 200 and massage therapy at 4:30. Got to pull a mirace some how, boss really needs me bad and vacation in 10 days.

Carol and Dona met today. Dona showed Carol some techniques to help me on my back problems. She has fixed my sciatica problems before and today we went there and I was in so much pain not even a morphine pill was helping. I came into her office with a crutch and Carols help. I left carrying the crutch and almost no pain. Carol even had to take the day off to get me up and walking today. Going to wotk tomorrow.
OK , worked hard today with minimum pain. Thanks Dona Lackey.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

06-08-2014, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2014 03:06 PM by old man dave 59.)
Nothing I like to share more than info on keeping in the game with health info. My Chiropractor bill has gone from $1000.00 + a year to $40.00 so far this year because of 3 things. Dona the Massage therapist, Yoga every day, Carol and a massage table keeping my back in check. Also I will add John Haller Chiropractor in OAK Grove who taught Carol some important stuff. I feel like I need to send him a monthly fee for helping so much.
The most important info is Yoga stretching and going to see Dona regularly. My legs were so tight from the Mill Creek week that I almost couldn't work Tuesday and she got me fixed right up.

08-02-2014, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 09:20 AM by old man dave 59.)
Just to let others know, I used to spend probably $600.00 + a year on Chiropractic and time off work to heal for back issues and now I am 8 months into the year with 1 visit only to chiropractor. Yoga every morning and a great girlfriend soon to be wife working on massages a lot, and a massage table and a few visits to a #1 massage therapist (Dona Lackey) in Independence and I'm feeling grateful. 2 of the most important influences were Dona (816-252-6647) and (Haller Chiropractic Clinic105 SW 12th St Oak Grove, MO 64075 (816) 625-4580 ) Going to see Haller today just for a quick adjustment and thank you. Thumb