Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
1st Time Out - Deepwater
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
1st Time Out - Deepwater
I went to Deepwater on Sunday, since it's the closest. My first time on this KTM and on dirt in many years. Although I did tweak/Pop my knee catching myself up a hill one time, but I have to say, it was an awesome time! The bike needs some adjustment definitely stiff and seem to run very hot.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: 1st Time Out - Deepwater
been there once since they closed half of it down now its to small to ride there but better then nothing
09-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Last time I was there I went through a ditch that almost swallowed my bike!
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM
You are absolutely right Animal, pretty small place, but I hadn't had a chance to get out over the summer, and I was itching to go. It was fun being on the dirt after all these years. Can't wait to get back out, but it might be a few weeks since I hurt my knee. Planted my right foot climbing a hill and the knee popped. It's hell getting old! LOL
09-11-2012, 09:29 PM
(09-10-2012 12:42 PM)Steele_KTM Wrote:  I went to Deepwater on Sunday, since it's the closest. My first time on this KTM and on dirt in many years. Although I did tweak/Pop my knee catching myself up a hill one time, but I have to say, it was an awesome time! The bike needs some adjustment definitely stiff and seem to run very hot.

Looks like a 400, I don't remember what you said you had. Was it busy there at all? I quit going there because of the nasty mud and a lot of people were getting killed there, I think because it was overcrowded and inexperienced people.

RIDING IS NOT A HOBBY, IT'S A LIFESTYLE
09-11-2012, 09:53 PM
(09-11-2012 09:29 PM)old man dave 59 Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 12:42 PM)Steele_KTM Wrote:  I went to Deepwater on Sunday, since it's the closest. My first time on this KTM and on dirt in many years. Although I did tweak/Pop my knee catching myself up a hill one time, but I have to say, it was an awesome time! The bike needs some adjustment definitely stiff and seem to run very hot.

Looks like a 400, I don't remember what you said you had. Was it busy there at all? I quit going there because of the nasty mud and a lot of people were getting killed there, I think because it was overcrowded and inexperienced people.

There only around 10 people there. Some water, but. It bad. It was fun to get out, but my first time and I was by myself so not too crazy!
09-11-2012, 09:55 PM
2005 450 exc
09-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I will see if Jason wants to play this weekend. fore

09-11-2012, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 10:13 PM by old man dave 59.)
(09-11-2012 09:55 PM)Steele_KTM Wrote:  2005 450 exc

Cooling fan will help a lot, oversize radiators, and Evans coolant. You could shop E bay this winter and get a good deal on these. Cheaper to keep her Cool than too keep overheating,I also suggest the Dirt Trix timing chain tensioner if your top end is noisy.