Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eagle Ranch
12-06-2010, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010 07:31 PM by old man dave 59.)
Eagle Ranch
Eagle Ranch HGP Hare Scramble. WFO Tralriders will be attending this weekends race.
http://www.hillbillygp.com/Schedule.aspx

We are staying at the cabin on the property. Its going to be a cold one with possible snow. I think this one is going to be interesting. WE are trying out the new high speed camera this weekend. Helmet cam too. Rumor that Santa and his rain deer might show up.
Talked to the owner today and he has 60 miles of trails, but only Dec. to March. Going to check it out and bring back pictures of the Cabins and trails.
http://www.eagleranchtrails.com/index.htm

RIDING IS NOT A HOBBY, IT'S A LIFESTYLE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2010, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010 10:05 PM by OlSlowTom.)
RE: Eagle Ranch
Take PLENTY of warm clothing! So far the forecast is for 70% chance of precip saturday to wet everything down, then dropping to around 14 for Sunday morning. High is predicted to be a windy 32.
If it rains Sat., it'll be an ice race again.
12-08-2010, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 12:13 AM by old man dave 59.)
Walker and Damon have been here after work and Sunday evening Helping to get the bikes ready. Damon will be riding Carols 400 until we get his crank straightened on the 250.
Forecast now is high of 25 degree's on Sunday. Going to bring the Big Daddy heater and the enclosed trailer just to keep the bikes warm.
Like I thought, Things should get interesting this weekend. Hope the cameras work well in the cold.;)

12-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Just found out that the cabin sleeps up to 12. Nice to have a place to warm up. :D

12-15-2010, 08:13 AM
(12-08-2010 11:38 PM)old man dave 59 Wrote:  Just found out that the cabin sleeps up to 12. Nice to have a place to warm up. :D

Race canceld last week.
I guess no one has heard from spud. I have planned on going back this weekend and have reserved the cabin again. It's one week before Christmas and and one more week before the next race after Christmas. I think that He has to do it now or not at all.
Should be 10 degrees warmer and thats a heat Wavey compared to last weekend. Come on up, you could sit on the front porch and watch the race from 100 feet away and you can walk a 1/4 mile or half to the moon rocks where a lot of action will be happening. It will one of the most interesting section for _sure.
The cabin will have plenty of room for you to hang with us. It can sleep 10+. We will probably have a few spectators with us too. I will elbow Spud for response.

03-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Did you go to the hare scramble? If not you missed out on a great one!
03-11-2011, 11:26 PM
(03-11-2011 10:48 PM)swedishfishmx Wrote:  Did you go to the hare scramble? If not you missed out on a great one!

We didn't miss a thing. We probably have pictures of you and maybe video as well. Let me know if you find some.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8J0_3ozZ9s

Photo link: http://s1032.photobucket.com/albums/a403...0Scramble/

[Image: DSC_0572.jpg]
03-12-2011, 02:48 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 02:49 AM by mbr82.)
dang you made that Look easy